Microcopy Inspirations started as a side project driven by my passion for words. I am a UX designer by profession and built this site entirely using Wix. I launched this site on ProductHunt and it was voted as the #2 product of the day - https://www.producthunt.com/posts/microcopy-inspirations
Though the site has good tarction, I am finding it difficult to spend time to keep the site fresh.
In terms of monetisation, these are some of the ideas
- The site is already getting decent traffic and good SEO. When you search for the keyword 'microcopy examples', the site will get listed in the fist page.
- Build an online community. Wix supports adding a community forum section easily without any coding.
- Sell courses.
- Offer consultation services.
- Position self as a thought leader in this space by adding more content in the Blog section.
Apart from this, I have the below ideas (which I could not follow through for lack of time)
10 ideas for blog posts
- Do a review of an app or site
- Edit the copy of apps/sites which are not good and write about it
- Book reviews - Series of posts interviewing copywriters
- Analysis of different tones - serious, fun, etc
- Impact of copy in chatbots
- Impact of copy in voice UI
- What comes first? Design or copy (can feature interviews)
- Content Language System - Guest blog posts
- Copy for translating in different languages
Ideas for signup freebies
- Checklist when reviewing copy
- Checklist before starting a copy
- Free services that make copywriters life easy
- Tips on working with designers
- Checklist for diversity in copy
At the end of the day, I want to hand over my baby to someone who will care for it the way I do. If you think that is you, then reach out to me.